Welcome to the LBRFC U9s page
Meet the coaches
Rugby is a fun game and our principal aim is to encourage children to embrace the fun and also teach them the ethos of the game… fair play and respect for your team mates, opponents and coaches.
Training starts at 10am sharp at the club as do matches both home and away throughout the season. More information on fixtures can be seen above.
The Mini & Junior section is run entirely by volunteers be it in a coaching, administrating or even supervisory capacity…and it is extremely rewarding.
If you would like to help in any way then please speak to head coach below in the first instance.
Introduced at this age:
- Tackle. But no rucks, mauls lineouts or scrums.
|Max Players||7 a side|
|Max Pitch Size||60m x 30m|
|Max minutes each half||15|
|Maximum minutes of match play per day||60 minutes|
|Extra Time Permitted||No|
|Recommended training time duration||90 minutes|
|Match stopped if:||Try difference is 6 or more|
|Start / Restart||Free Pass|
|Tackle||Yes – including 3 second hold|
|Lineout||No, restart with a free pass|
|Offside Distance||Offside only at time of tackle. 1m from hindmost foot.|
|Kicking from Hand||No|
|Kicking at Goal||No|
|Yellow Card / Sin Bin||No|
|Knock on||Free Pass|
Age Specific Notes:
- Players are permitted to go to ground to score.
- Ball cannot be ripped from ball carrier.
Competition formats allowed:
- Friendly Fixture – Competitive style playing opportunity for two teams, often as part of a club or school/college block fixture, where focus is on maximising all your player’s involvement, development and enjoyment.
- Triangular – Competitive style playing opportunity for three teams where equal player participation is the emphasis. Focus is on maximising all your player’s involvement, development and enjoyment rather than the score.
- Festival – Competitive round-robin playing opportunity where equal team and player participation is the emphasis. Scores may be recorded but winning doesn’t affect your ongoing participation as every team plays the same appropriate number of matches.
Contact information for all the age group coaching team is below.