Welcome to the Leighton Buzzard Academy
U16, U17 and U18 rugbyBoys Rugby
Introduced at this age:
- Fully contested Lineout with lifting.
|Max Players||15 a side|
|Max Pitch Size||100m x 70m|
|Max minutes each half||35|
|Maximum minutes of match play per day||90 minutes|
|Extra Time Permitted||No|
|Recommended training time duration||120 minutes|
|Match stopped if:||points difference >50|
|Start / Restart||Drop kick must travel at least 10m|
|Scrum||8 trained and willing, contest strike and push|
|Lineout||Yes, lift permitted|
|Offside Distance||Hindmost foot at tackle, Ruck and Maul. 5m from scrum. 10m from free kick. 10m from Lineout.|
|Kicking from Hand||Yes|
|Kicking at Goal||Yes|
|Yellow Card / Sin Bin||7 minutes|
Competition formats allowed:
- Friendly Fixture - Competitive style playing opportunity for two teams, often as part of a club or school/college block fixture, where focus is on maximising all your player’s involvement, development and enjoyment.
- Triangular - Competitive style playing opportunity for three teams where equal player participation is the emphasis. Focus is on maximising all your player’s involvement, development and enjoyment rather than the score.
- Festival - Competitive round-robin playing opportunity where equal team and player participation is the emphasis. Scores may be recorded but winning doesn’t affect your ongoing participation as every team plays the same appropriate number of matches.
- Waterfall Tournament - Competitive playing programme where equal participation progression is the emphasis. The outcome of your pool games are recorded to enable every team to advance to later rounds for an equal number of matches against similar level teams.
- Knockout Tournament - Competitive playing programme where the outcome of the game is recorded and dictates your progression to later knock-out rounds or decides your final standing. Usually includes a winners trophy.
- League - Competitive playing programme where the outcome of the game is recorded and points are applied to dictate your position and final standing in the league table. Usually includes a winners trophy. May lead to a play off system to establish final champions.