Welcome to the LBRFC U11s page
Rugby is a fun game and our principal aim is to encourage children to embrace the fun and also teach them the core values of the game - TEAMWORK, RESPECT, ENJOYMENT, DISCIPLINE, SPORTSMANSHIP. Whilst engaging them in sport, we want to build their confidence, and skills, and ensure that they get stuck in.
The Mini & Junior section is run entirely by volunteers be it in a coaching, administrating or even supervisory capacity...and it is extremely rewarding.
If you would like to help in any way then please speak to our coaches in the first instance.
Introduced at this age:
- Defender can rip the ball from the carrier
- Contest for the ball 2v2
- Contested strike in the scrum
- Tactical kicking from hand and Kicking at restarts
- Free Kick
|Max Players||9 a side|
|Max Pitch Size||60m x 43m|
|Max minutes each half||20|
|Maximum minutes of match play per day||70 minutes|
|Extra Time Permitted||No|
|Recommended training time duration||120 minutes|
|Match stopped if:||Try difference is 6 or more|
|Start / Restart||Drop Kick (must travel at least 7 metres)|
|Scrum||Nearest 3 Contest Strike only, no push Only hookers may strike for the ball|
|Lineout||No, restart with a free pass|
|Ruck||Yes, limit of 2 supporting players|
|Maul||Yes, Limit of 2 supporting players|
|Offside Distance||Hindmost foot at tackle, ruck and Maul. 5m from scrum. 7m from free kick. 7m from free pass.|
|Kicking from Hand||Yes. 'Fly hack' not permitted|
|Kicking at Goal||No|
|Mark Permitted||Yes - Anywhere on pitch.|
|Yellow Card / Sin Bin||No|
Age Specific Notes:
- Defending scrum half must remain behind the scrum in the pocket made by the 2 props
- Scrum half must pass from the base of the scrum – May not run with the ball
Competition formats allowed:
- Friendly Fixture - Competitive style playing opportunity for two teams, often as part of a club or school/college block fixture, where focus is on maximising all your player’s involvement, development and enjoyment.
- Triangular - Competitive style playing opportunity for three teams where equal player participation is the emphasis. Focus is on maximising all your player’s involvement, development and enjoyment rather than the score.
- Festival - Competitive round-robin playing opportunity where equal team and player participation is the emphasis. Scores may be recorded but winning doesn’t affect your ongoing participation as every team plays the same appropriate number of matches.