You’ll set the tone and cultivate that convivial atmosphere for which rugby is so famous. The bar and kitchen profitably helps to provide the club with much needed funds that are essential to our business and ambitions for growth.
You’ll ensure that our members and casual customers experience an enjoyable visit so they want to come back after enjoying a positive experience through a customer-focused operation. You will help the club to develop a positive reputation within the Leighton Buzzard community.
The clubhouse should be central for our members to enjoy their experience at Leighton Buzzard RFC. Our Food & Beverage Secretary will bring energy, creativity and innovative thinking to the running and development of the food & beverage offer within our business.
Financial awareness will be an important factor, coupled with a 100% commitment to customer-focused care. An understanding of the role of marketing in growing the business will be an advantage.
● To line-manage the Club Steward directly, and the staff employed by the club indirectly.
● Analyse the club’s financial data from our Food & Beverage operation and take action to grow revenues and control costs
● Ensure appropriate inventory management to set and achieve sales and profit targets
● Achieve customer satisfaction standards by maximising the memberships’ experience of a friendly, vibrant, positive and enjoyable environment
● Communicate, execute, and manage marketing programs to achieve key initiatives and meet specific monthly and annual sales and profit goals
● Evaluate current club processes, programs, and systems for continuous improvement and innovation opportunities
● Conduct regular meetings and communicate business plans
● Monitor financial controls as directed by the Honorary Treasurer in order to meet club specific targets
● Manage Food & Beverage revenue, including cash handling, deposit reconciliation, and delivery of deposits to bank
● To build and maintain excellent relationships with National and Local businesses and suppliers
● To perform commercial analysis and provide decision support to stakeholders at all levels
● A good manager of people on both sides of the bar, primarily the Club Steward as their Line manager
● Commercially astute, forward thinker that brings added value to the team, with innovative ideas that could further enhance the club’s Food & Beverage commercial opportunities
● Proven track record in contract negotiation and management
● Excellent communication skills at all levels
● Excellent numerical skills with demonstrable experience of budget setting and control; including:
o financial reporting
o budget forecasting, budget actual figures
o managing cash-flow
Excellent planning, organisational and presentation
Around 8-10 hours a week when bar facilities are required.